Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Does The Google Desk-top Really Set Your Privacy In Danger?
02-10-2019, 04:37 PM
Big Grin Does The Google Desk-top Really Set Your Privacy In Danger?
The greatest issue appears to come with the capability to search and share multiple computers with one account. Quite simply, you can use one desktop search account to search, list and allow you to share files between your notebook and desktop for example.

But are these concerns grounded in fact? Can there be a really privacy problem here?

I do...

There has been plenty of talk recently about Google Talk and how there are significant privacy concerns with the new software.

The biggest issue appears to come with the capacity to search and share numerous computers with one account. Put simply, you could use a single desktop search account to search, index and enable you to share files between your notebook and desktop like.

But are these issues grounded in fact? Is there really a privacy issue here?

I downloaded and installed the newest Desktop Search beta last week. It has some interesting new features such as the ability to eliminate sections in the sidebar and dock them anywhere you like in your desktop.

And there are lots of more sections available to allow you to do such a thing from control what is indexed, to passing time by winning contests.

One of the features is its capability to reach beyond the desk-top it is to execute a variety of things. Now, I can play tic tac toe with co-workers, if not friends around the globe.

But the most troubling, and biggest update to some is the capability to remotely index files, together with discuss them using Google machines to temporarily store the things.

By turning this feature on you give the best to Google to keep your files for 30 days. Therein lies the heart of the issue there appears to be no way around this 30-day need.

All I've to mention is 'so what'?

So imagine if you've to give Google this power? Google can secure the information so that no one else can access it. To study additional information, we know you have a view at: Profile of Ashli3922. And even when there is some type of DOJ subpoena requiring use of these documents I don't think it would operate in court. For different ways to look at this, please consider taking a peep at: web address.

It is because Google has set up a network when your entire Google activities are associated with one Google account. Your personalized webpage, gmail, google ad-sense, adwords and stats records all share the exact same Google account. Thus, it would be difficult for anybody to acquire a subpoena to examine information pertaining to only element of that account.

Laws apart, if you are that concerned about the privacy being surrendered to Google in order to use this system then do not join it.

You can still download and use the new Desk-top Search with most of its new capabilities, but you don't have to use the file sharing.

But what if you need to share files between computers?

Well, do what I did so go to your favorite electronics store and obtain a flash drive. I just bought a USB flash drive with more than 2 gigs of storage at under $100. Now I can simply move something between any computer with no fear of some government agency wanting to know what is on it.

As I explained, I do have the brand new Google Desk-top fitted, and I did look at the options for the search and file-sharing, but I didn't turn them on. I've no need to help you to find my home computer from work and vice-versa, nor do I need to share with you files between the two computers.

And if I did, I'll only utilize the FTP site I've set up on the computer in the home or the aforementioned thumb drive.

Actually, in regards to all the alternative methods that Google reflects your individual information, from search history to Gmail, should we be all that concerned that some files might end up being stored on the Google server somewhere?

I do believe we ought to have other concerns. For instance, I think we must be concerned about what Google already knows about us via those services I mentioned ear-lier.

I believe business people must be concerned that such a company will allow employees to quickly take and transfer data to and from work.

I believe you should not have a account if you are that scared of-the US government infringing on your privacy then, nor Google Desktop Search nor a Gmail account. In fact I do not think you need to have any Internet reports because quite honestly many people are a target for the DOJ. More, I can almost guarantee you that your local ISP will fold and pay the info much easier than Google will.

So before you start complaining about how Google can infringe your privacy, understand that YOU'VE the capability to stop it from happening. If you have an opinion about finance, you will maybe choose to read about thumbnail. It's merely a matter of choosing to take action..
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply