Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
The American Accent: Pronunciation Of The Vowels
12-08-2017, 04:40 AM
Big Grin The American Accent: Pronunciation Of The Vowels
Many students of English have a definite feature since they pronounce English with the vowels of their language. They commit this mistake since the English vowels are 'something like' the vowel sounds of the indigenous language, but they're not the same!

It's inadequate to listen to radio and TELEVISION. Most of the people will only hear the sounds of their native language and won't learn how to pronounce the various sounds of a new language for example Engl... Visit tyler collins seo info to research the inner workings of it.

The English Vowel LOOKS

Many students of English have a distinct feature because they pronounce English with the vowels of the language. They make this mistake because the English vowels are 'something such as' the vowel sounds of these native language, but they're different!

It's insufficient to listen to radio and TV. Many people will only hear the sounds of their indigenous language and won't learn to articulate the various sounds of-a new language including English.

It's useful to use a course with sessions of the language you are studying. An excellent one - and also economical - can be found at http://www.bookslibros.com/charlesieENGLISH.htm. A more substantial listing of resopurces is found in: http://www.goodaccent.com/accentbooks.htm

Let's consider the 'real' vowels that are contained in many languages. They're called natural because they have fixed noise, like that of the note of well-tuned drum. If you think anything at all, you will certainly choose to discover about tyler collins seo content reviews. These vowels are formed with no interference by the lips, teeth or tongue. It is very important to keep in mind that when we talk of the vowels a, e, i, e, u, we are talking of the vowel sounds, not of the lettersof the alphabet. This is extremely important to keep in mind in English since the same letter often represents a different sound in the English spelling. We will show the sounds by enclosing them in brackets: /a/, /e/, /i/, /o/, /u/, and the words in quotes: 'a', 'e', 'i', 'e', 'u.'

In these section, you will get an instant look at the English vowels that sound 'something such as' the vowel sounds represented by the characters 'a', 'e', 'i', 'o', 'u' in many languages. In the remaining portion of the book, we will take a look at them with more depth and you'll even be able to hear them evident. (For the book but only available in Spanish see: http://www.bookslibros.com/TuCD.htm) We shall also look at the other English vowel sounds that are peculiar to English and aren't present in most other languages.

The next sounds of English are similar (perhaps not the same!) to the sounds /a/, /e/, /i/, /o/, /u/ in your language.

The English vowel of-the term pot is pronounced like the letter 'a' in lots of languages. Understand once and for-all that in some words the letter 'e' is pronounced like the 'a' within your language! That is precisely how it is. If you do not want it, you will not change the language. It's better to work on your pronunciation in the very beginning.

The English 'e' within the term May.

The English 'i' within the word feet.

The English 'o' within the word goal.

The English 'u' in the word moon

We are going to begin with the five vowel sounds as /a/, /e/, /i/, /o/, /u/ as represented by the International Phonetic Alphabet (IPA). These are the pure vowel sounds that are present in English in the same way in several other languages.

The initial genuine vowel SOUND in English (represented by the letter 'a' in most languages) is represented by the letter 'e' In English. We repeat: you just have to get used for this. As an example the English term lot is pronounced like it were lat in other languages.

You open your mouth wide when you get this sound. That sound show up in the words father, car, top, container and is the sam-e sound since the Spanish words padre, carro, tapa, pata, or even the German Vater, achtung, machen, etc.

This sound is really a form of the English vowel sound /o/ (the 'short o ') and not of the /a/. And so the 'e' means this sound more often compared to 'a.' In order to avoid confusion it is good to use a dictionary that has the designs of the International Phonetic Alphabet, the IPA.

Sure, it is often safer to pay attention to an indigenous speaker but sometimes you do not have one around. As an example, when you lookup a word in the dictionary you will know the dictionary has the IPA symbols how to pronounce it.

Get yourself a good dictionary that uses the IPA just like the 'Longmans Basic Dictionary of American English' or even the outstanding 'Collins Cobuild English Dictionary for Advanced Learners' by cutting the appropriate following long URL address and pasting it within your browser:

For your Longmans: http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/det...nbookslibr

For your Collins: http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/det...nbookslibr

For more on this topic, see: http://www.inglesparalatinos.com

Let us go on to another vowels /e/, /i/, /o/, /u/ or rather the sounds in English which are represented by these characters.

These sounds in English are not 'natural', as-in a number of other languages, since very nearly they always end with another sound. They end up with a small 'i' or 'u' noise based on which vowel it is. We will have this in greater detail. Some teachers state that they've just a little 'tail' at the end.

If you pronounce the /e/ sound in English without the small 'tail' at the end, you will perhaps not be saying this sound precisely.

In the musical My Fair Lady, the teacher attempts to show the pronunciation of the English /e/ with the expression, 'The rain in Spain falls mainly on the basic.'

If you make the /i/ noise your mouth is extended to the factors. Remember this /i/ sound is rarely spelled with the letter 'i' in English.

There is very little 'trail' following the sound of the /i/ in English in words such as feet, pea.However, the /i/ is somewhat longer than in other languages. So you should exaggerate it and you'll be nearly right. Get more on our affiliated link by navigating to TM.

If you pronounce the vowel /o/ of the term phone (telephone) just like the sounds boy or load in lots of languages (minus the 'tail ') you will be talking to a marked feature. The /o/ sound in English isn't genuine. You've in order to complete the vowel with the 'butt' of the little /u/ noise.

You have to feel your lips move as you pronounce the English /o/. They do not stay still as in other languages. As you finish the 'o' sound your lips make a round shape as though you giving a kiss.

Much like the /i/ sound, there is hardly any 'end' following the English /u/ sound.

You'll have a rather good pronunciation just by prolonging the vowel.

Your lips are rounded when you make the /u/ noise. Navigating To see tyler collins seo certainly provides tips you should use with your pastor.

Summary of the English Vowels

The five basic vowel sounds of several languages are present in English but with-the following observations:

1. The vowel that's represented by the letter 'a' in several languages, more frequently appears in words with 'o.' This sound is pronounced without change in English. But, another vowels, /e/, /i/, /o/, /u/, each is pronounced in a particularly English fashion. /e/ and /o/ have marked 'tails.' The /i/ ends up in an /i/ sound. And the /o/ finishes with a /u/ sound. The /i/ /u/ don't have tails, nevertheless they are extended.

2. English spelling has very little related to the sounds it represents. Or to include another way, English is not pronounced the way it's spelled.

The /a/ sound may be the vowel sound of the English word pot.

The /e/ sound (often using the 'end ') can be spelled many ways: may possibly, weigh, they.

The sound /i/ (only a little extended) is employed in many different ways: legs, pea, industry, obtain.

The noise /o/ (having its /u/ end) is represented in the following ways: loan, enemy, though, blow, owe.

The sound /u/ (a little extended) turns up under in unforeseen ways in the English words moon and through.

Odd spelling in English! Right? Nevertheless the spelling in yet another problem! We'll get to it. For the second, only concentrate on the pronunciation.

One way to remember is to think about when you speak English how you form your moth. Make an effort to imagine that you're smiling when you complete a word that ends with all the /i/ sound. When you finish the word Might you stretch your lips.

Similarly, make the attempt to consider offering a hug whenever you complete a word that ends with all the /u/ noise. You end the sound of the /o/ in-the word go by puckering your lips like you were going to strike out a candle or give a kiss.

Do not forget! We have been talking of the vowel sounds, maybe not the words of the alphabet that sometimes represent them. The word toe gets the same /o/ sound since the words go, flow, though, and beau. We'll take a look at spelling a tad bit more in the rest of the book, 'Leer E-s Poder' durante http://www.bookslibros.com/muestra/muestra_index.htm.

You will get pages on Ortografa and Pronunciacin in http:/www.inglesparalatinos.com meanwhile if you study Spanish. You can also get our boletn in Spanish by going to: http://www.eListas.net/lista/leerespoder/alta.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply