Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Joined In: Fundamental Marketing Mistakes
12-08-2017, 05:25 PM
Big Grin Joined In: Fundamental Marketing Mistakes
> I'm using LinkedIn to maintain with my professional connections and support them with introductions. Because you're one of many people I recommend, I wanted to invite you to get into my community o-n Linked-in.

>

> Basic membership is free, and it requires less than a second to sign up and join my community.

I've received well over 3-5 announcements similar to this, worded almost exactly the same manner. The senders have served surprise... If you have an opinion about politics, you will possibly choose to explore about houzz.com/pro/neilcamenker/neil-camenker.

Like me, have you ever received email invitations like these?

> I am using Linked-in to maintain with my professional contacts and help them with introductions. Because you're among the people I recommend, I wanted to invite you to get into my system o-n Linked-in. I discovered http://www.neil-camenker.com/ by searching webpages.

>

> Basic membership is free, and it takes less when compared to a second to sign up and join my network.

I've received well over 3-5 announcements such as this, phrased almost precisely the same way. If you have an opinion about literature, you will maybe desire to compare about quality crunchbase.com/person/neil-camenker. The senders have acted hurt and astonished that I did not jump to make the most of this request.

Let's go through the problems within this invitation from the marketing perspective.

* The vast majority of the invitations I received were from individuals whose names I didn't understand. Why would I want to be part of their system? The request does not say how I'd reap the benefits of their community and who they're, who they have use of.

* What is Linked In, how does it work and what are the benefits of using it? No body has yet explained this clearly within their request. You can not expect that somebody receiving this request knows what you are asking them to join or how it would be beneficial to them. It'd be useful to have a paragraph or two explaining how it works and mentioning a certain result the person behind the invitation experienced from membership. It might be that people believe that since 'basic membership is free,' the normal person with this request may go-ahead and join. But even when it can not cost money, joining would take time. You still need to 'sell' people on having a free activity, especially with respect to a task or organization that may be unfamiliar for them.

* No body took some time to head off possible misunderstandings or objections to this account. As I'm worried that joining would open me up to a large amount of email and phone calls in-which I would have no interest and that would waste my time, a non-member of Linked In. Again, you can't believe that some thing free is thereby enticing; you should imagine why some-one may have doubts or dismiss the concept and address these objections.

* Using a canned invitation that's almost the same as everybody else's doesn't create a great impression. You had need to give your personal stamp to it, even when the text supplied by Linked-in were effective, which it is not.

Apart from being irritated that they are apparently encouraging visitors to send invitations that make little sense, I have nothing against Linked In. Perhaps it's a good organization. For supplementary information, consider having a gander at: here's the site. My point is that its members need to use common sense and fundamental marketing maxims to promote busy, skeptical people to give it an opportunity..
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply